Friday, May 1, 2009

Planning and Cooking...


How cute are these books!??!? They are from the same illustrator as the Care Bears from the 80s....I love it! I'm breaking these out of the bin in the attic...wanted them down for the Mal Pal anyway...but it is so fun to look through my bin of books for kids about God! I bought these way back in college...and used them when I was a Camp Counselor, but bought them originally for my future children....and now they are here to listen to them...Yay! :) (I'm gonna use them this weekend for the Mission's Conference for church...I'm helping out with the childcare...)

I'm really feeling like I'm settling in to this whole "Stay-at-Home-Mom" thing...and I'm trying to be better about planning in the dinner dept...Anyone who knows me knows this is a big deal!!! I'm limiting myself to 1 trip a week to the grocery store (the workers there are my BFFs bc I go so much!) and I'm planning 3 real meals a week...This week is "Piper Shores Week" and I'm making recipes from GGMa and GGpa's retirement home cookbook. We had Jamaican Chicken Stew and Kielbasa & Homemade MacnCheese this week so far...these pics are from our easy "Manwich Night"...it looked too much like the commercials with it all over her face...had to take pics! Mallory loved her 1st Sloppy Joe!

Carter can't wait until he can chow down on real food...Love my boys!

No comments: