Friday, January 2, 2009

Someday...


"The most vivid memories of Christmases past are usually not of gifts given or received, but of the SPIRIT of LOVE, the special WARMTH of Christmas WORSHIP, the cherished little HABITS of the HOME, the results of others ACTING in the SPIRIT of CHRIST."
~Lois Rand
This Christmas was one of the best ever for me....my "cup overfloweth" with all the many blessings and people in my life. I know Christmas can be a hard time bc of loss and suffering and things not being as they should be...and I have had Christmases clouded by loss...and I thought back to those and then looked at our 2 little ones that God has given us and I am so grateful to God and His goodness! December was so fun with family and friends...the "Morin Motel" was full and Mallory was so excited by the many visitors...and Carter has now met all of his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins!
Each year a song jumps out at me and makes an impact on me (some have been playing for yrs and I finally "hear" the lyrics)...this year that song was Someday by Stevie Wonder...
"Someday at Christmas men won't be boys
Playing with bombs like kids play with toys
One warm December all hearts will see
A world where men are free
Someday at Christmas there'll be no wars
When we have learned what Christmas is for
When we have found what life's really worth
There'll be peace on earth...
Someday at Christmas we'll see a land
With no hungry children, no empty hand
One happy morning people will share
A world where people care
Someday at Christmas there'll be no tears
All men are equal and no men have fears
One shinning moment,one prayer away
From our world today...
Maybe not in time for you and me
But someday at Christmastime..."

No comments: