Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Afternoon Entertainment!



I love my After School Kids for so many reasons! One reason is the happiness they bring to my children!! :) Today Carter was cracking up at one of the 1st graders who was bouncing a beach ball off of her head in the video above.

The kids were so excited about seeing the Inauguration during school today and were talking all about it when they got off the bus. I'm just so grateful to live in a nation where anything is possible...it was overwhelming to see history unfolding today. I think it means so much being a teacher and always telling your students that they can be whatever they want to be if they work hard and give it their all. I know a lot of children's eyes were opened today to the American Dream. And I thought it was so awesome when Rick Warren prayed for the Obama Family before he was sworn in. They even said the Lord's Prayer!!! I liked his speech and I like the way he puts it back on us "to be the change we want to see in the world."

"For as much as government can do and must do, it is ultimately the faith and determination of the American people upon which this nation relies. It is the kindness to take in a stranger when the levees break, the selflessness of workers who would rather cut their hours than see a friend lose their job which sees us through our darkest hours. It is the firefighter's courage to storm a stairway filled with smoke, but also a parent's willingness to nurture a child, that finally decides our fate."

No comments: