Friday, January 2, 2009

First Attempt...


Reading books as we prepare for naptime...we finally found her side table/cubby...so excited!!! :)

So it's January right? Well that was my goal for starting to attempt the "Big Girl Bed"....poor Mike has had to listen to me for months! I'm so anxious about it! And apparently I have been reading too many books with Mallory about beds and the consequences of jumping on them, bc she is scared to sleep in it! We read books yesterday and then she cried and said she wanted "crib"...so we were all about to go to the nursery and then she started climbing into the bed. We were so excited and got all her "friends" to climb in with her...we sang a song to her and then she said "Prayers?" and poor Mommy about lost it...my voice started cracking while I was praying! I'm such a "Drama Queen" and was thinking about the above pic and a chapter in our life closing with our little girl...well...I held it together and we left the room...then the screaming began and after about 5 mins we went in and asked her where she wanted to sleep and she asked for the crib...(I was a little happy I will admit!)...but I think we are on the road...it just might take a while for both of us to get on board...Pray for us! I'm going to do better about playing up how cool it is and not stressing the "boo boo" parts of books where monkeys fall and bump their heads, etc...so that she will want to transition into her new bed bc this poor little guy below is getting too big for the cradle...MiMi is bringing the pack-n-play over and that will be his new bed until Sissy is ready to move out of the Nursery for good...Wonder how he will like sleeping in the "Big Girl Room" until then...we will find out soon! :)



3 comments:

The Barnes Family said...

OK, I was worried that Claire might be cramped with her 3 or 4 friends and a blanket...but now I don't feel so bad!! Mallory sleeps with LOTS of friends :-)

Good luck with the transition. I am dreading the day we have to try it out. I love her cubby side table!!

The Barnes Family said...

Oh my gosh, I just realized that could sound really bad. By "friends" you know what I mean - stuffed animals of course!! AAHHH!!

The Perreca Family said...

Ahh- I remember when we took the front off Addie's crib and it became a Big Girl Bed. It wasn't easy- but she now sleeps happily in it.... Stick to it and you will be fine!!