Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Weakness...and Gratefulness!


We are so grateful for your prayers for little Carter! We got a "clean bill of health" from the doctor today! Praise God!!!! :) And he weighs 9 lbs 9 ozs now! (More than a 1/3 of his sister's current weight! Crazy!)

A verse that has meant more and more to me over the years is:

But He said to me, "My GRACE is SUFFICIENT for you, for MY POWER is made PERFECT in WEAKNESS." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." ~2 Cor. 12:9

I have felt very carried by my husband, friends, and family as we dealt with Carter's infection. The story of the paralytic in Mark 2 has come to mind often. You all have carried me, taken the roof off, and taken me to Christ in my WEAKNESS. God is CONSTANTLY trying to teach me not to fear and not to try to control things. These are 2 sins that I constantly fall into. God is so patient with me while I try to learn the same things over and over! Thanks for loving me and my family so well!

"I have told you these things, so that IN ME you may have PEACE. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." ~John 16:33


2 comments:

Christy said...

SGM, I love your stories...thanks for sharing truly from the bottom of your heart. so encouraging to read about life and be inspired by what God's teaching you. :)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad lil Carter is doing well! Your family is beautiful, and of course it's always nice to hear about what God is showing you...He is an amazing God. :)

Love,
THE Super Fan! :)