Friday, December 17, 2010

Sledding!


We had one B&A kid yesterday so during rest time we let M skip and we headed outside again...So many kids were out!!! I loved it!!!! It was so cool to finally have a kid old enough to play with the big kids! We usually don't make it out of our yard when both of ours are out to play in the snow! One girl was loving pulling M up the hill over and over to sled down...I kept telling her she didn't have to, but she wanted to!

Hours of fun! She was having a blast! We were out there for over 2 hrs! I couldn't believe it!

Aunt Susan stopped by after work to pick up her Christmas present from me early...snow boots! I ran into the house to get them...tore the whole house up looking...don't you just love it when you find a hiding place that good? Ahhh! Finally I remembered where I had hidden them! Mal had fun chatting and sitting with Aunt SQ while I was inside on my frantic search...once the boots were found and given we got back to sledding! Wonder if conditions will be good for sledding today? Loving this "snowcation" before break...God is so good to give us this time of "stillness" during such a busy season...

Kept thinking of this song while we were out playing with the neighbors...M loves Frosty 2...I love the original best, but in Frosty Returns there is a song about snow...

"Let there be snow! Let there be snow!
This kind of weather brings people together
so friendships can grow!"

2 comments:

The Perreca Family said...

What an awesome time!! We have a pretty sweet hill just behind us- and the kids loved sledding last year- maybe by the next snowfall they will want to try it again =-)

Anonymous said...

Awww SO CUTE!!! Who says Boxford has all the fun?! Next time Claire and I want to come join you! :-)
-Katherine