Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dinner Convos...


We are really enjoying this Advent Season...We are making posters each week with the title of our Advent week and reading scriptures each night at dinner and talking about it...M is at an age where we can have really good convos...I love it...

At thanksgiving M came home with this turkey from school with a recipe for leftover turkey...so cute! The bag was full of rice...we didn't have leftover turkey for a casserole, but I knew chicken would be on the docket again soon...think it is neat that they sent it home...if the kids help make the casserole they will take ownership and eat more right? M loves to help us cook, but has become a picky eater :(...I'm sure it will happen to Carter too at some point...

Gobble gobble....yummmm!

And I wanted to share this quote...at one of our first meetings for MOPS this year we had a chef come in...and a quote he said really helped me and I have done so much better with my meals so far this yr...

"If you don't have a plan...you plan to FAIL."

If you know me you know that is why I have been failing in the kitchen all these yrs! Now I have a plan for at least 3 days (start small)...and the other nights....pizza! pizza! $5 Fridays, breakfast for dinner (fam fav!), and leftovers....it has been a good cooking yr so far! :) Hopefully by writing it I won't jinx it!

And back to Advent and plans....I am so grateful that God had a BIG PLAN in mind from the creation of the world...for each one of us and for "the weary world"... :)

"a thrill of HOPE
the WEARY WORLD rejoices
for yonder breaks a NEW and GLORIOUS morn!"

No comments: