Friday, November 13, 2009

Gwumbly Tummies


Days and days of wind and rain at our casa means Fort Fun!!! :)

We are grateful to have a house during this dismal weather...what about those who do not? M got to take can goods to school yesterday and the children took them to chapel to give to needy families. M came home talking about people with "gwumbly tummies"...I'm so glad her school talks to the kids about the fact that there are those less fortunate than we are. I hope it will sink in at a young age for our kids that God calls us to help these people. I can't wait til our kids are old enough to come with our church and serve people in the city lunch once a month. I read this the other day and really want to try that when we serve...going without breakfast and serving others lunch...it would be so hard and I know our tummies would be "gwumbly," but people live like that everyday...I can't imagine..

Next week is also the national week for this...it was fun to shop with the kids and pick out fun toothpaste for other kids and put stuff together to make boxes to send out with our MOPs friends. You can still make a box and drop it off in your area next week! :)

And here is something that has nothing to do with tummies, but that I'm grateful for...little man taking more and more steps around the house...he is so proud of himself!

No comments: