Monday, September 14, 2009

Rest for the Soul


"The problem is not entirely in finding the room of one's own, the time alone, difficult and necessary as that is. The problem is more how to still the soul in the midst of life's activities."
~Anne Marrow Lindbergh, Gift from the Sea

Great sermon on Sunday about The Rhythm of Rest and Worship...and these quotes were our meditations in the bulletin...Something I have always struggled with: REST...and something God is constantly trying to teach me to do...so I am really meditating on the quotes and trying to find rest and allow moments of rest in the midst of our crazy fun filled life around here...God is good to give us the rest we need...we just need to recognize we need it! :)

"Perhaps you can judge the inner health of a land by the capacity of its people to do nothing, to lie abed musing, to amble about aimlessly, to sit (alone) having a cup of coffee-- because whoever can do nothing, letting his thoughts go where they may, must be at peace with himself."
~Sebastian de Grazia, 1962

1 comment:

The Parkingtons said...

I love that quote from Gift from the Sea. It's one of my favorite books. I love reading about your kids.
-Mal