Tuesday, September 15, 2009

1st Day of PreSchool


Today was the big day...the first day of PreSchool! :) When we got back from the bus stop I tried to take some pics...but Mallory wanted to go snuggle in her bed with me...this is what she says nowadays if she wants some good alone time with one of her parents...I had to tell her we didn't have time bc we needed to get to school! We did, however, have time for a little game of peek-a-boo before we headed off...

That's our silly girl!

Peek-a-Boo!

Daddy left Mal a letter this morning and I got to read it to her while we waited in the car line for drop off (I dropped some water on it and couldn't read part of it...so Daddy will have to fill her in on what I missed when they have their Daddy Daughter Date after school)...She smiled and giggled at what he wrote...She looked so pensive (like a deer caught in headlights) right before it was her turn to get out...

We have been talking about this day for so long and praying with M about it...I thought I would bawl my head off pulling away...but I didn't...she took the teacher's hand and waved at me and I was on my way...I'm so happy for her...I had told her right before she got out that Mommy and Daddy loved school so much that we both became teachers...maybe my happiness for her outweighed my sadness of her growing up into another stage...hummm (I could analyze things forever!)

I got teary eyed again seeing her come out with her teacher for pickup...she was so happy and her teacher said she did great! Here she is reporting on the day before I buckled her in..."We sang, we read a book, we went to the play ground, ___ was crying...etc etc..." It is so fun to be on the opposite side of teaching now and hear what parents hear... When I tried to get more out of her when we stopped at the bank she said, "Hold on Mom...I doing something...I'm trying to fix this..." I love how intense she is in this shot...

Then I told her we were going to Chickfila for lunch bc I was so proud (Thanks for the coupons MiMi!) And she said, "Yay!! Chick-a-pah-lay!!!!!" I love that she calls it that and I love that she is such a Chatty Patty and can say such big words like "devotional," but still calls milk "nulk"...

Here she is helping Brother Bear...

And then time to play at "Chick-a-pah-lay"!!!!!

7 comments:

Ali said...

Hooray she did it. You did it too! I do think it's almost harder to see them at pick up. She looked so cute in her polka dots.

I am so sure you spilled water, looks like tear drops to me ;)

glad she had fun!

Courtney said...

wow! what a big day!
i love her dress and backpack! so cute!!!

and, loved hearing your thoughts on "being on the other side!" it's true, as teachers, huh??

you're blessed that she talks a lot. i have to be a sleuth to get details out of my kids! :-)

Carla said...

Wow! Congratulations, Mallory!!! I can't believe she is already in school...and looks so grown up in her cute dress and backpack.

Ginny said...

aw, congrats to Mom and Mallory! I think you both deserve a big gold star for the day!!!! =)

The Perreca Family said...

What a great first day!! Addie loves her new school (it isn't the same one as last year)- maybe you two can compare notes if we can hang out when we are in Richmond this week- Mon-Wed!!

Kelley said...

so proud of Mommy and Daddy!!!

The Barnes Family said...

I loved this post Sarah!! Brought tears to my eyes just thinking that I'll be in your shoes next year dropping my baby off at preschool! Mallory is the cutest and I hope she just LOVES preschool!!