Monday, February 2, 2009

It Must Be in the Genes!


So we are back from the doctor and it's official! Carter has his 1st ear infection! Poor guy! Mallory had her first when she was about 9 months old...Here is a look back at her when she had her first cold (that's first cold....poor 2nd children get everything quicker I feel like!) when she was a little older that Carter is now. Just Click here. We saw a new doctor today...there are about 10 in the practice and I've seen about 5 now...and I've been more and more impressed each time! I had a nice "Mom-to-Mom" chat with her about his allergies and she is from the school (as are 4/5 of the ones I've seen) that if they are too young to test for allergies then they are too young to treat. So we are going to stop trying to get him on a med that works and wait til he is older to see if he needs something then. But he will be on antibiotics for his ear for 10 days...fella can't catch a break! She also said that if the congestion isn't bothering him (appetite, sleep, and personality) then why treat...not to treat him for "Mommy's sake" so that I would feel better. I feel better and am glad that he won't be on any more allergy med until we can test to be sure he gets the right stuff!

These pics of Carter were taken last week (he is currently napping IN HIS CRIB! Yay!)...Thank you so much for the super cute outfit Sarah Jane and Lipscomb Family! I love it and have gotten so many compliments on it! I love that you can wear it as a whole outfit or mix and match it!

Mallory was so sweet on our way to the doctor today and kept saying over and over, "Doctor....Carter...you feel better!" and when the doctor sang to Carter to calm him down when she was checking his ears Mallory asked for another song when she was done. :) In the pic above Mallory gave Carter a book Aunt Laura gave me a long time ago...I guess she wanted him to know how lucky he is to have a sister!

1 comment:

The Perreca Family said...

Poor Carter- we know full well the pain- for all parties involved- that ear infections bring.... Sending your family prayers!!