Sunday, February 15, 2009

Jamma Day!


We have had a super relaxing day today! The kids both have colds so I stayed home with them while Mike went to work on the Setup Team at church. Carter got lots of Tummy Time with Mallory's new Valentine dog. (Thanks Aunt Susan!) See how well he holds that head up now! We have come so far! And notice the drool...we are working on those teeth I think although we have yet to see one! That's fine with me! I love his gummy grin! :)
We watched the Veggie Tale version of Esther this morning and Mallory would stop her playing and watch when they sang. (I can't wait until she gets into watching those videos!...I think they are so cool!) I told her Esther was in the Bible and she went and got the Bible for me and I turned to the book so she could see and told her a little about Esther's story...a bit later I looked over and she was literally "standing on the promises of God!" Not sure how appropriate that was...but it was a teachable moment...So of course I had to sing the song to her!

"Standing, standing,
Standing on the promises of God my Savior;
Standing, standing,
I'm standing on the promises of God."


When Daddy got back we had a fun afternoon all together...reading lots of books and playing. Then Daddy grilled out for dinner and the kids both went to bed a bit early! What a restful day!

No comments: