Saturday, November 22, 2008

Goodness and Light


I get so excited this time of year...I know it isn't even Thanksgiving yet, but one radio station in the area is already playing Christmas music! So you know we have been listening to it and rocking out! :) And yesterday was such a big day for friends and babies! As humans I think this time of year is so special bc I think we are created to crave redemption and goodness and light and that is what this season is all about. For the 3 friends that had good baby news yesterday their road to a family hasn't been easy, but they have been looking to the baby we celebrate this time of year to help them in their journey towards a family. One of the families I don't even "know know"...just know through the "blog world," but have emailed with the mom a few times. Their faith helped them carry a baby to term and deliver a baby that they knew would only live a short time and helped them in the wake of that incredible loss. Their faith in the baby helped them to go through pregnancy again and deliver a healthy baby yesterday! As a "Pollyanna" type person I see so much good in the world, but there is also so much suffering and so much of a need for a Savior. The world is not as it should be and we need someone to look to to help us during times of suffering and to help us when life is dark. I love the lyrics in the Christmas Carol Do You Hear what I Hear?


"The Child, the Child Sleeping in the night
He will bring us goodness and light
He will bring us goodness and light..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

amen, sister! love what you wrote...I am totally ready for Christmas and have been jammin' to the carols already as well...such a time of redeeming hope...LOVE IT! =)