Monday, May 28, 2007

Amish You (sounds like I Miss You!)

A bonnet we tried on Mallory in a store! Our little Amish girl! :)
Sitting in a buggy....
Mal and her Amish friends! So tempted to buy these cute guys...HuggaBunch anyone!?!!?
Mike and his new friend Gilligan!
The pond with geese and huge fish!
Mallory's first airplane and swing ride all wrapped up in one!

The guys after a yummy dinner!
The gang outside the cabin on the deer....fun times!
Mike and Alex...Wanna-be-Jedi Knights on wheels ...hours of fun I tell you!




So that was the running joke this weekend..."Amish you!" We had such a good time with Uncle Neil and Cousins Alex and Eleni! (We missed you Kirsti, but are so glad you are with Pepere! Wish we could be there too!) It was definitely great to escape the fast pace life of the average American and slow down a bit. Neil rented a great place in the midst of Amish Country in Penn. We had a cabin with a pond in the front, 3 llamas and goats, a swing set, and a creek nearby. We could even see the Amish going to and from work as we sat outside the cabin.

It was neat to drive along the country roads and pull up behind an Amish buggy. It really made me reflect on how "unstill" we really are as the line of cars would pile up and then race to get in front. Why can't we be more still? I really struggle to! The Amish have it down and I think I could learn something from them! My thoughts only increased on the subject as my nephew sang from the back of our car to a CD Mike made Mallory (a song from our childhood)..."Sing, sing a song, sing out loud, sing out strong....sing of good things not bad...sing of happy, not sad.......sing, sing a song...make it SIMPLE to last your whole life through...don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear....just sing...sing a song!!!" Lots of times kids songs have it right! It was so nice to just slow down a bit this weekend and enjoy God's creation and family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I didn't know anything about "blogging." But old chicks can still learn and I'm delighted that Mike gave me the address.
I am delighted to have been able to see the pictures, descriptions, and follow the adventures of another Morin family!I'll be sure to check in now and then to keep track.
Charlene (Morin) Peterson, Michael' aunt on Pepere's side.