Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What Would You Choose?!?!?!?


I always love going to other people's houses to see how they decorate and paint (thanks Katherine!)...I'm just always too chicken to do anything! Well after months of looking and finally choosing our laminate (Thanks MiMi and PaPa!!!!!) it's now time to choose our paint! There are so many colors of EVERYTHING!!!! We love dark wood and so our furniture it dark so we picked a light wood for the floor...to contrast and also bc our house is itty bitty and we didn't want it to look smaller with flooring...We love other people's modern houses, but ours is kinda traditional....So what colors would you pick for the chair rail and walls if you lived here? We don't want to do a ton of work with nothing to show for it, but we also want to keep the openness...decisions decisions! (The great room has a vaulted ceiling...)

Fireplace, picture, and couches are our "jumping off points"...

All of our rooms connect so it's hard to stop one color and start another...although we do know how if we want to paint the dining room a different color (Thanks for the tip KB!)...

Thanks for your help with this...we are so excited! Just wish someone would say, "This is what you will do" and then we could do it! :)

3 comments:

The Barnes Family said...

Hmmm...that's a tough one. You know what I like - neutral! You can't go wrong with a neutral color. (like a "sand" color or khaki) My other thought would be a very earthy-sage green, but not too dark. Hard to tell, but maybe a little green in that picture above the mantel? As for the trim, I'm a big fan of white white trim. I think it brightens up a room. (Although the problem I ran into is that the rest of the house is more off-white so you just have to keep going and going and going...) Sorry, I'm no decorator! Whatever you choose will look great! You can always test it out with a sample first.

Ginny said...

Hmmm...I'm getting a strong feeling for something in the neon palette...what do you think? Hot Pink? Florescent Green? It could definitely be a statement and the kids would LOVE IT. I hear it is all the rage right now...=)

The Perreca Family said...

What fun!! I LOVE painting houses/walls!! Each house- and I've lived/painted in 4 right now- I've painted the walls a khaki color as just about everything goes with that color! The decorations can be changed to add that punch of color. In the house we are in now, I've done a few accent walls- and that is fun, too!! Most of my paint, I've gotten from the Mis-Tint table- where you can get a $25 can of paint for $5-8!! What you see is what you get- it's just paint someone had mixed and they didn't come back to pick it up!! And like your friend says, Lowes will make a sample batch for you- it's around $3!! Have fun!!