Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Waiting Room


I've never liked hospitals....I could never be a doctor or a nurse...I think the reason I don't like them is bc the fact that "the world is a broken place" is right in my face when I walk through the doors...I always think of hospitals as a doorway in and out of life for some people...Especially after giving birth...every time I pass the hospital where we had our babies I think about them entering the world....The only wing I like is the baby wing bc life is new and fresh and possibilities are endless...

It's also hard to sit in waiting rooms looking around at all the sick and hurting people....Life is one giant "waiting room" isn't it when you think about it? There are so many people suffering...

I got an email from church this morning and when I read it I began to shake and go numb (and I still feel that way)...one of our church members died last night in his sleep. He leaves behind his wife and 3 small children. The youngest of which Mallory plays with each week in Nursery. I cannot even imagine losing my best friend like that and my children losing their Daddy...I am in shock and am heartbroken for this family....There is so much that we can't understand as we live "this side of Heaven." We need a Redeemer...And that is what Easter is all about. So I'm hugging my kiddos tighter today and I will do the same with Michael when he gets home (I haven't told him yet bc I don't want to get him upset at work) I think that is why I am so obsessed with blogging...every moment is precious and it's like a quote I saw when I was little...

"Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present."

3 comments:

The Perreca Family said...

Oh no! Who died? It's terrible that these things happen...

lala said...

A Song That Will Touch Any Grieving Heart~

And blue has never been bluer
True has never been truer
Honey never tasted so sweet
There’s a song in the breeze
A million voices in praise

A rose has never smelled redder
The sun has never been brighter
If I could find the right words to say
If you could look at my face
If you could just see this place
You wouldn’t cry for me today
You wouldn’t cry for me today

Oh what may seem like years
Will just be a moment
Oh the day will come
When I’ll show you where you’re going
I can’t wait to show you

~Mandisa "You Wouldn't Cry for me"


http://www.gannsdeen.com/2009/03/31/mandisa-you-wouldnt-cry-andrews-song-will-touch-any-grieving-heart/

lala said...

Living Between the Trees

Go to this website and click on Between the Trees to listen to the audio from Rob Bell's NOOA Video called "Trees". It's better in Video format but you still get the message.

http://solarcrash.com/2006/11/17/rob-bell-resources/