Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Giraffe-N Good Time!


The kiddos before the party...Mallory was excited...not sure if she knew it was for her though...she has just been to a lot of parties and knows it's a fun time!

The giraffe cake before the transport! My friend Kristy hosted the party! She was nice enough to volunteer and it really took a lot off my plate! I love hosting...the idea of it...I just stress myself out! So it was nice to just "go" to the party bringing cake and food... (Do you think we had enough cake for the 4 kids who can actually eat cake in the group???....It looked big enough to feed Mallory and 80 of her closest friends....hahahaha...We will be eating Giraffe Cake for a week around here!)
Mallory enjoyed making (while eating!!!) her gingerbread house! Kristy had already planned this fun activity before hand and gotten all the goodies for it!!! I was so excited for Mallory to make her first one...it was so fun and festive!!

So cute to see everyone working (Moms included!)! And Mal's finished product below!

Carter enjoyed time in the bouncey and in Mom's arms during the party...

Time for cake and singing!

We had Mallory's postponed "Playgroup Party" today! It was so nice to celebrate with friends! Mallory has been playing with these kids for over a yr on a almost weekly basis..,(all of us have 2 kids now though so it is proving harder and harder to get together regularly!) I wasn't going to do a "Peer Party" yet, but since Playgroup fell on her "actual" B-Day I wanted to do something (too bad she was sick then!)...It was so much fun today though! Thanks again for hosting Kristy. When I put Mallory in the car to go home she said, "Friends!!!!....I like!!!!!.....Cake!!!!!!" :)!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Your giraffe cake is absolutely adorable! And the little houses looked like a lot of fun! Loved the pretzel window.

lala said...

I love the giraffe cake! Good job! Mallory has had the longest birthday celebration ever! She is going to want to party all the time now! :0 I guess she'll have to get her fill from Elmo's Christmas and her Dance Parties. But then there's the biggest Birthday Party of the Year (Christmas) coming up so it's not over yet!!

Carol said...

Did you actually bake that cake? Wow - I'm impressed ;) Especially since we were lucky to get a big cookie from store bought dough when you got to cook family dinner in Apt. D! ;) The cake is super cute and it looks like you had a fun time celebrating... even if it was a little after her b-day! What fun!

Carrie said...

That might just be the cutest cake I've ever seen!! Awesome job, Sarah! And I'm impressed with Mal's gingerbread house - I think it was neater than mine would have been! :)

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
That cake was amazing! What an accomplishment! I'll have to hear more of how you did it when I see you! Hugs to the bday girl!
Laura

The Perreca Family said...

What an awesome cake for such a sweet birthday girl!! I also love the idea of having it at another person's house- mental note for Alden's birthday!!