Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Card?!?!!?


So today we are having a "PJ Day" at home and the only thing on my agenda was to get the kids dressed before lunch and take some Christmas pics...and this is how it ended! :)
I was talking to my sister Laura over Thanksgiving about the fact that in America you smile no matter what has just been happening when someone takes a pic. Then even if you were having a horrible fight with someone...click...the pic shows an awesome time. And cultures are different....Our Bosnian friends don't smile in pics. Even if they are having the time of their lives...like at a wedding...and it is so interesting to see their kids...raised in America...smiling in pics with their parents so serious. I think also today in the "digital age" when we can take 100000000 pics until we get the perfect shot we are going to miss out on a lot of pics like the one above.
We did get some good pics this morning...but I think Mommy got a little hyper and took too many...and Mallory was told "No" on something she asked for....which made her upset and then made the dominoes fall and Carter started crying as well.
But how appropriate I think that the stable is in the background. We need Him all the time...when things are "nice and pretty" and when things are "falling apart." :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this picture cracked me up...I love the "realness" of it and you are right that life isn't always perfect Christmas card pictures! but this is just as priceless...=)

The Perreca Family said...

I'm so glad to see someone else had a hard time getting that perfect card picture... I, too, appreciate the authenticity!!