Tuesday, March 29, 2011

March Madness


Mike is lovingly calling me "Frankenstein" this week...I will spare you the real pic of my hand...sent it to my sisters yesterday and they were non too pleased....Our weekend ended up a bit exciting at the end...and it wasn't all to do with the basketball games (although this is the first yr I've actually made picks! It's been so fun!) I was making chili to eat for dinner during the UNC Game and you know how when your can opener doesn't work all the way?? and you jab down on the half opened lid with your finger to finish the job (even though you know that is a big NO-NO!?!?)....well I have a trip to the ER and 3 stitches to prove it's not the best idea... :)

So I am a "one hand wonder" this week...it is crazy how much you use both hands to do things...simple things...washing your hair, diaper changes, opening lids to things, etc...It has been a tricky week so far...and really makes me think of this passage...

We are grateful that MiMi and PaPa could come over on Sunday so Mike could come over to meet me at the ER...I'm such a baby! (I was calm...just felt silly bc I know better than to do that with a lid!...and I'd never had stitches before...so it was a nice surprise to see him show up!) MiMi and PaPa watched the kids, finished making the chili, and switched out our leaky kitchen faucet for one that's cute and doesn't drip...oh the water we will save! and our sanity....drip, drip, D-R-I-P...thanks again! We enjoyed watching the end of the game and eating chili with you all...March Madness got a whole lot crazier with my kitchen mishap! :)

5 comments:

Courtney said...

oh, so sorry, sarah!

i am down 1 foot this week...and it's NO fun!

carrie @ the boonie life said...

I hope that your hand heals up quickly! :)

Ginny said...

yikes! so sorry Sarah! Glad you are okay and you have such a good support system!

Ali said...

OUCH!!! so sorry.

The Perreca Family said...

Ouch!! So sorry!! I think it's time to get you a Pampered Chef can opener....