Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Little Things...


It's the little things that make me smile throughout the day....I found Mags asleep on Mal's pillow that she had put on the toy box in Carter's room...Went to get the bath ready and came back to see M tucking her cat in...The cat continued to sleep like during their baths until it was time for Carter to go to sleep and I had to remove her!

We stayed home from playgroup yesterday bc Carter woke up coughing (Sad to miss out on our friends!)...could be the change in weather, but we laid low just to be sure...He looks real sick doesn't he!?!?!!? Playing "New York"in the pic below...(It's a game that the B&A girls play with M and she likes to play it with us while they are at school sometimes...)

Carter is getting more and more verbal each day...it's crazy! He can say, "Peas (please), hot (and says this even when I put yogurt in front of him to eat), and juice...it is so fun! And yesterday when he wanted something and was grunting I said, "What do you need to say?" and he said, "Peas!" It was a really cool moment! Usually I have to say, "Say please..." But I forgot who I was talking to and asked him the question (usually ask M that)...He is starting to get it! And working the "Peas Angle" for all he's worth! When he wants something, "Peas? Peas? Peas?"

And Mallory is doing well with her paci detox...no crying the last 2 nights! Yay! But naptimes are a bit harder...We are working on it! And she is asking really deep, interesting questions at bedtime these days...it is really awesome! And asking for prayer for more things too...We know part of it is "stalling"...I've reminded her that I am here all day to chat...she always saves the good stuff til the end though! :)

1 comment:

The Perreca Family said...

Aww- that is SO sweeeeet! Addie likes to tuck Kierke in and I love it that Kierke lets her! Glad to hear that a paci-free girl is going so well! We are counting down the days until we are a paci-free home (Alden goes to Build a Bear in Aug)....