Thursday, February 25, 2010

New Study....


Went to a new Bible Study today with ladies from church and I loved it! We are reading this book. It is so good and I actually read it yrs ago, but I'm enjoying rereading it! Def. something for me to revisit throughout my life....In the chapter today we discussed that most women either struggle with having an anxious spirit or a spirit of discontent. I tend to be concerned with the "what ifs" in life and worrying about the future...when your 3 yr olds pretend play usually involves the words "be careful", "don't worry," and "germ x" you might have a problem..Safety for my children and their futures are def. idols for me...I want my kids to see me content and "laughing at the future"...I'm looking forward to re-reading this book and learning from the ladies in my group!

"She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come."
~Proverbs 31:25

And the memory verse for this week: Philippians 4:11-13...I love that it says "I have LEARNED to be content"...it is something that the Lord is constantly teaching us to do...We can all learn to be content and less anxious with God's help! :)

2 comments:

Casey said...

So funny...I just read your blog after emailing you about this book. I'm so glad you're enjoying the book! :)

Ali said...

Glad you had a good time. Sounds like a must read, who doesn't struggle with anxiety?