Monday, February 22, 2010

Girls Getaway


Wow! What a week! It was one of those weeks where you really feel the "brokenness of the world..." My heart was so heavy watching a child suffer with cancer...(Thanks for your prayers! Ber is now NED!) Such a rollercoaster of a week for that family of super highs and lows...Please keep praying for Ber and his parents!

And we also had some very sad family news as we had to return Norris to the SPCA bc he bit M in the face on 2 occasions. You know it is a broken world when a super cool dog who was so gentle and patient with all of the kids he interacted with suddenly starts biting...it broke our hearts to take him back... He was such a part of our family in the time we had him and we love him so much....but he will be trained not to bite and be placed with a family who doesn't have kids or who has older kids...We miss him around here, but we know he will find a great home...

It was a hard week, so when my sisters suggested a "Girl's Weekend" I was all for it! Mallory, Susan, and I headed to NC on Sat. My mom had already caught a ride down with some of our "beach buds" on Friday morning...then Dad decided to come down on Sat. too...He didn't want to miss out on all the fun...and he's used to girl's weekends...it's the story of his adult life raising 3 girls! :)

Mike and Carter had a guys weekend here! Uncle Matt and Thomas came over to keep with the theme! It was fun to get texts from Mike while we were apart...this was the one he sent me right before I got home...He painted for me as a surprise! The blue tape (circa 7 months ago is finally down! yayyyyyyyyy--- yeaaaaaa!!!!...we still have a little left to do, but it looks tons better...) So sweet of him to give up part of "Bro Night" (thanks Matt!) and his naptime to paint!

Mallory got her hair curled for the first time in hot rollers...

She thought she looked like Goldilocks...

Thanks for the "do" Aunt Susan!

The girls went out shopping and out to lunch while PaPa did some stuff on his own...it was so nice to walk around outside in the Spring-y weather!!!

Then we picked up PaPa and headed over to Rob and Elizabeth's house to hang out with our beach buds! The girls had a blast together!

Then back to Auntie Lu's to set up the rooms for sleeping and we ate a late dinner...M thought unrolling and blowing up the mattress was the coolest thing ever!

In the morning MiMi broke out some moon sand for M to play with...it was our first experience with it and M loved it! We then enjoyed a trip to the diner together, some time in Laura's yard, and a walk before getting in the van to head back home...

We found a new rug for our fam room while we were shopping in NC...we've been on the lookout since before Christmas (it was MiMi and PaPa's Christmas gift to us...Thank you!)

We love it and there has already been many a game played on it and a fort built this morning! We missed our playgroup today(SAD!!!) bc Carter woke up feeling pretty rotten with a cold...so we have been laying low today and enjoying our new rug!
What a whirlwind of a weekend, but I feel refreshed!!! :)!!!

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
~John 16:33

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so sorry you had to take Norris back! Maybe you'll find another sweet pup to join your family soon.

Ali said...

Oh goodness, I wish I had read all this before talking to you this morning. I had no idea. I am so sorry about Norris and so glad you got away with your mom and sisters.

Ginny said...

So glad you were able to get away for a much needed girls weekend! You guys are in my prayers. And I love the painter king- hilarious!