Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Gift of Stillness


It's still snowing at 9 am! Such a great way to wake up and I love our usual Saturday pace anyway...kids slept in and then I can just enjoy them and slowly start our morning...PAPA Bear is still snoozing...Had playtime in M's bed before we came down...so nice not to have to rush, rush, rush! No where to be...enjoying the stillness that God has given us today (trying not to think about the fact that I was going to get a ton of my shopping done this weekend...we prob won't be able to dig ourselves out til after Christmas the way our town is when it snows!!)...Can't wait to suit the kids up later and play in it! :)
Mags is meowing a ton at the back windows...a "black cloud" of birds descended on our bird feeder and back yard...straight out of the movie "Birds" I tell you...see them in the pic below? They are covering the back yard! I could only capture a few at a time on film bc it's so windy they keep being blown about...I feel like I am in Venice with all the birds in San Marcos Square!