Wednesday, December 2, 2009

1 Corinthians 13:5


Can you see our "Tink" in a tent? Yesterday M woke up at 7! When I went in I asked her why she was up so early she said, "because I love YOU!!!" I'll take that answer! But I'm glad she chose to sleep in today! :) Another thing she said yesterday that I don't want to forget...we were doing laundry together and as I was taking clothes out of the dryer a dryer sheet flew out...and she said, "Look a fairy!!!! It's precious!" And she proceeded to cuddle and carry it around the upstairs for a while...I love the mind of a child! So many wonderful things to see if you just look! :)

And Carter is such a good sport to just follow us around all day...He loves to put babies in my face for me to kiss...he also enjoys feeding me things and cracks up when I take nibbles!

No outside playtime for us today...it is raining and we might even get a thunderstorm today while the kids nap! We have been busy playing around the house...and we watched a video this morning...

M and I made cookies during Carter's nap...I love how they make it so easy now to cook with your little ones...The little packages that you can buy that only need you to add 3 ingredients to the mix to make homemade cookies in 20 mins! Perfect for us!

We are working on writing M's name...I just hold her hand and we make the letters...she has known her letters for some time, but can't write them....it's fun to practice writing and saying her letters! And I love watching her draw...love that she uses lots of colors and a lot of the page when she does her art...her art usually comes complete with commentary...(the one below came with quite a tale, but all I can remember is that there was an alligator in it...)

God is working on me a lot these days...working on my heart and slowing down and really trying to meet my kids were they are. I am thinking a lot on this verse as I go through my days:
"[Love] is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs."
My kids aren't always going to act the way I want them to...(((self-seeking))))...and not to get frustrated (((not easily angered)))...and to be quick to forgive and forget ((((no record of wrongs)))....I'm glad God is patient with me as He teaches me...this parenting thing is such a blessing, but so overwhelming at times! I am learning so much about the way God deals and feels towards me as I love on these little people each day... :)

No comments: