Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Say Cheese Ya'll!


We finished up our holiday weekend with a 3 hr nap and a cookout just the 4 of us...after we ate Mike asked M what she would like for him to draw for her and she said, "a camera"...so Mike drew me snapping away...I might really have a problem! But I'm loving this season of our lives when I am with my kids more than I am away from them...I know in the yrs ahead I will calm down a bit in the pic dept...but I can't help myself right now! :)

I reread this over the weekend...getting excited about the beach at the end of the month! I love this book and all that it speaks about life! One of the reviews said this and I agree..."A keeper of a book. You'll go back to this one, like to a favorite vacation hideaway or armchair by the fireside or corner in the garden under the stars. It'll be an old friend, a comfort and blessing."

I'm not even sure how many times I've read it now since I got it in 2007 from Sally! Here is a quote from it...

"Simplicity of living, as much as possible, to retain a true awareness of life.
Balance of physical, intellectual, and spiritual life.
Work without pressure.
Space for significance and beauty.
Time for solitude and sharing.
Closeness to nature to strengthen understanding and faith in the intermittency of life: life of the spirit, creative life and the life of human relationships."

1 comment:

Courtney said...

i love that book! i got it after you talked about it before. i've read it a couple times :-)