Thursday, June 3, 2010

John 4:14


We went for a walk in another neighborhood and played on their playground...but we didn't last long...it is sooooo HOT! It got me thinking about water and how much we need it and depend on it...I love being outside, but when it is this hot you almost need to be in water....we came home and broke out the sprinkler and pool and washed the stroller...

And as we sat on the porch eating sunflower seeds I was thinking on this from our church's website...

"We strive to achieve and accomplish, and we also dream of peace and rest both physically and spiritually. People have always had this need for rest and thirst for refreshment. Jesus said, “Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” We have been made by God to achieve and to desire peace and rest that will one day be realized in a new heaven and new earth. It will be a new community of humanity that lives in perfect peace and harmony.

In the mean time we live in the tension between brokenness and paradise."



My mind is constantly on the oil spill right now...My sister Laura told me about this way to help and when I got my hair cut recently it went to this effort...ask your salon if they are sending hair! And then I'm also thinking about RELAY this Sat. and all the people who have had and who are currently fighting cancer...it will be good to go to an event and remember loved ones and fight for a cure...Hope to see you there if you live in the area! We really do live in the tension between brokenness and paradise...

No comments: