Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day


We had a wonderful Mother's Day at church and then dinner with my parents and Aunt Susan on Sunday...

It was so fun to have a kid old enough to really get into Mother's Day this yr...She was so excited to show me the things she made in school for me (right when she got in the van!!!)...A flower made out of her hand prints amongst other things...cute! And we got to plant seeds that she brought home for me too...she was so excited! She wanted to get right to it once Carter was down for his nap on Thurs...

We might see some little flowers poke up by the end of the week! :)

Some current Mal-isms that I don't want to forget:
*she loves making cakes and singing Happy BDay...but she sings it with one word differently "Happy Birthday DEAR you..." the whole way through instead of saying "to"...
*when she can do something herself she says..." look I can do it by my own!" instead of by myself!
*she often picks Beautiful [Girl] for her song at night before bed...the 3 of us sing it together and she knows the whole thing by heart, but sings "the monsters gone, he's on the RUG...instead of on the run"
*she likes making "pra-prises" (surprises) for us
*she like's playing "rest-ur-haunt" (restaurant) and writing down our orders on a pad
I love these little misspeaks and will miss them when they are gone!

No comments: