Thursday, April 15, 2010

Back to the Grind


The kids and I have been a little grumpy this week as we ease back into routine...We get so spoiled when Daddy is home with us on breaks...We are so grateful for that time...I saw one teacher friend of mine write on FB..."Mondays after spring break are lame"...and someone responded..."Mondays after no spring break are lame-r"...I'm def. grateful to have had a break and wish there was some way every adult could have spring break...It was so refreshing...(We put out our humming bird feeders today...the kids got them in their baskets from MiMi and PaPa...Mallory enjoyed filling them up with red sugar water and sticking them in the flower boxes...)

We've enjoyed lots of time with friends and being outside this week...it really has been a great week...We just miss having Mike around and I've had to deal with more discipline than last week...(like I said I think we are all grumpy) Check out Mags walking with her little girl through "the forest" as M calls the woods behind our house...she is such a dog! She went missing for 3 days over break...it was so sad...but kinda "Easter-y" when she returned...We were so HAPPY to see her! She had gotten shut in a neighbors shed while they were doing yard work and they didn't reopen it for days...

When Carter throws a fit now when he doesn't get his way he will WIG OUT...and then stop and say "Pweas?!?" (please)....WIG....pweas?!?!...WIG....pweas?!?!?!...It is so cute and sad....(I don't let him know that, but I think it) He is learning that although that word is "the magic word"...it's not always magical...

He is about to hike the ball in the pic above...or just sit on it... :) When I go get him from his bed and carry him downstairs after he wakes up I will say, "Can I have a kiss?" And he will shake his head and laugh and say, "Nahh!!!" (He doesn't say No just Nahhhh all the time...it's his favorite) But then he will smile and give me a kiss...I love that game...He is also quite fond of playing, "Cheers!" at meals and bumping glasses/sippys...

These 2 are so much fun and I love being with them every day...they make me laugh and pray for patience and just enjoy God's creation...M is really into turning over rocks and seeing what kind of worms or insects she can find lately...And this afternoon she was running around trying to catch a butterfly...

I just can't believe how big "my babies" are getting...in the last few weeks numerous people have asked me if Mallory is going to school in the fall...Thank goodness we just have tall kids...I'm so glad I have 2 more yrs with her before she goes!!! But time is flying!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

loved talking with you! liked how you said "the magic word isn't always magical"- so true. so good to catch up!

The Perreca Family said...

Whew- I'm glad to see that Alden isn't the only one to throw fits like this!! We need to get together and let the kids play- and maybe some of the tall-ness will rub off on my kiddos!!