Tuesday, April 6, 2010

24 hr Getaway


MiMi helped us put the "break" in Spring Break...she kept the kids so we could get away for the night for the first time in 3 yrs! (We've had lots of Date Nights-- just not getaways...)

We were debating between the beach and a vineyard...both would be so fun, but chose the beach bc it was more "us" and cheaper!...so nice to be on the ocean...The beach is my favorite...I love the peace and reflection it brings! We had so much fun walking and chatting on the boardwalk and got to eat here! I loved eating on the boardwalk and looking out on the water....they had fire pits too which I love... :) So nice to just "be" and talk with my best friend...

I was excited to see the sun set until Mike reminded me it would be setting in the west... :)

But we went out to see the sun rise in the morning and to take some Dawson Creek pics under the pier!

We had a hard time getting a good pic of the 2 of us...here is our best... :)

Thanks MiMi (and PaPa at night time...he still had to work) for creating so many fun memories with the kids while we were away...The kids had a blast and so did we! :)

3 comments:

Ali said...

So fun! What a lovely treat.

The Perreca Family said...

What an awesome time- oh-so-important for being good parents- having time to yourself!!

Carol said...

Yeay! I'm so glad you got away! LOL on the Dawson's creek pictures! :) Looks like a great time :)