Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A River...



"Time is a relentless river.
It rages on, a respecter of no one.
And this, this is the only way to slow time:
When I fully enter time's swift current,
enter into the current moment with all the weight of my attention,
I slow the torrent with the weight of me all here.

I can slow the torrent by being all here.

I only live the full life when I live fully in the moment."
~Ann Voskamp from this book


Took M for a bike ride in the neighborhood I grew up in yesterday while Carter napped and MiMi listened out for him....we made it to your house Carla! I'm loving the book I bought yesterday during my time alone (quoted above)...M was in school and MiMi watched Carter for me so I could just hang out for a few hours on a Monday morning...sipping a latte and reading....ahhhh! Thanks MiMi!

"Time is a relentless river"... as we biked around seeing old friend's houses and seeing old neighbors I haven't seen in yrs and kids of kids I grew up with....but how special to be at a point in my life to share stories with my child and watch her bike where I used to...I loved sharing that with her yesterday... :)

2 comments:

Casey said...

Sounds like a great book! Do you mind if I borrow it when you're done? And let's plan our Feb. family date soon. :)

Carla said...

Wow, I'm so impressed with how far Mallory can ride! And, if I remember, there are several good hills between our old houses!