Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Direction vs. Perfection


Went upstairs yesterday and found our little bookworm in a closet "reading"...my parents would find me doing the same thing when I was little...History repeats!!!! :)

Read this this morning and LOVED it (gotta love a coffee analogy!) and then had a lovely time at MOPS this am learning about the Lord and LIFE...We had a nutritionist come in to answer questions after we had a devo. from our Mentor Mom about "feeding" our kids spiritually...I loved a quote she used...it is all about "direction and not perfection"...the basis of what I believe (and live daily) is that I am not perfect and I need some one to be perfect for me..."the gospel changes everything" and I hope that our kids will see that although we aren't perfect and we fail every day before them and before God that He is perfect and that we are trying to "direct" them to look at the "author and perfecter of our faith" not us...

Being a parent is overwhelming when we think of all the ways we are trying to "do right" by our children...one of those areas is eating right...God gave us our bodies so we should take care of them...trying to be better about that myself! Trying to encourage our family to eat a rainbow each day and that "variety is the spice of life" and that too much of anything is not good for you. (drink more water and not so much soda for me!!!...I am good about trying to push them to be healthy, but not always practicing what I am preaching and I need to!) I want to check out this book that she highlighted...looks like a good read! And this one on body image....and we learned about the dirty dozen...lots of info to think about and try to live out...

I am grateful to MOPS and what I learn from it and the women there...The church is great and we enjoyed going there for our our evening on VDay...lots of laughs with the other couples we sat with and I loved that they had valet parking...it cracked me up! Can't believe it was our 10th Vday together...time is flying....I am very grateful to have had Mike in my life for a decade! Wish I had gotten a pic of us at dinner! This was the advertisement for the evening:

This special evening includes a five course dinner
(with a twist!),

childcare services (kids will eat too!),
valet parking,
and strolling entertainment.
Donations will be accepted for this event,
supporting youth group mission trips planned for summer 2011...

It was a super fun way to spend our 10th Valentines Day together! Loved seeing the Youth taking their jobs so seriously as we ate and that our kids were so well cared for while we enjoyed an evening with adults!! :)

1 comment:

The Perreca Family said...

LOVE it- I love it all!! Great reminder about direction vs. perfection- sigh.... Thanks for being an encouragement and a challenge all rolled into a nice bundle!!