Thursday, October 28, 2010

Parade


Our MOPS group went to a Nursing Home today to have a parade...I love seeing the old and young together! I was worried that we weren't going to get out the door though...We had an "angry elephant" on our hands...he wanted to stay home and play with dinosaurs...I thought their might be a "stampede"! But we got there!

We walked around to and chatted with people...Carter was so excited when a lady came out with a walker with a basket full of candy...He wasn't too pleased that he had to wait to eat the candy though...We walked through different parts of the home...we walked down to the woodshop...So cool to see the little things they were carving...Carter loved the little dog one of them made...again he was not to pleased to have to leave to go to the next area...It was so nice though...the smiles on their faces...the old lady grabbing my arm and saying, "enjoy them...I was too busy and now mine are grown and live far away..." We can learn so much from our elders!

1 comment:

The Perreca Family said...

What fun- I know that Karen had a blast, too!