Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ft. Central


How many different forts can be made on rainy days around here?!?!? We have been building thrice daily!

We made one after M got home from school on Wed....Mags supervised...we have had so much rain around here this week....I think "Cabin Fever" set in yesterday...it was a rough day with lots of T.O.s...but lots of learning happened through discipline....at least I hope! :) Heb. 12:11

Being a parent has shown me how much more to depend on prayer...we can try to teach teach teach our children the way that they should go, but they often (like us!) choose the harder way, not the easy way of just being obedient...A long time ago I wrote a quote on the inside cover of my Bible... "Christians are a prayed for people..." Someone prayed hard for us to see our sin and our need of a Savior...and we need prayer each day to live in the light of the gospel!

After we read our Bible Story with the kids on Wed. when Mike prayed before bed he prayed for the fruits of the spirit for our children...and that kept going through my head as we had such a rough day on Thurs...I had to pray constantly for God to give us love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, and self control... (me and the kids!) The Lord is good to reveal to us that the fruits are only something He can give us....

Then Laura sent me this...I love this devotional and read it every day, but Laura just found it and the one yesterday was so relevant and timely when she sent it to me....and she didn't know what our day was looking like...it's like God wanted me to read it twice! :)

As our family grows I want to have a family that does those 3 things that the devo. said yesterday....say what is KIND, NECESSARY, and TRUE....and depend on the Lord to help us!!!! I know with time sibling drama will increase...

They have so much fun together...it's just harder now bc they are 2 "real people" with real ideas about what they want to do with their time...

I'm excited for soccer this morning with my little boy and I know M is having fun at school...

The kids had a blast last night at Community Group and M asked this morning..."When can we go back to Bible Study!?!?!?" I'm glad they had such fun!

And to close I wanted to say that PEPSI is giving 250K to find less toxic ways to help children with cancer...We were one of the top 2 that will receive $$$$! What an answer to prayer! Thanks for all your votes!

As we rocked out to our scripture memory CD (See verse below) this morning in the van with the B&As...I am so grateful for the good and the bad days...God is always near and He is always teaching us...Hopefully He will teach me to always be gentle...even when "my monkeys are driving me bananas!"...There are no 2 monkeys I would rather have driving me crazy!

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
~Philippians 4:4-5

1 comment: