Saturday, July 17, 2010

Growing Pains

"By focusing on the genuine benefits of grace, we can rediscover the promises God designed to make our lives more satisfying and less selfish, more fulfilling and less driven, more peaceful and less guilt ridden. As we reflect on God's goodness to us, may we grow in love and gratitude to Him, and may we grow also to enjoy more and more the promises of his grace."
~Dr. Brian Chapell

It has been one busy month! One full of "growing pains"...both for the kids and for us as parents...as our children grow we are growing as well and as a parent I see even more clearly my need for a Savior and someone to look to for guidance...we need the wisdom and GRACE that only He can give as we raise these little ones...
A lot of July has dealt with new "sleep issues" for our little girl...she has always been a great sleeper...but is growing up and growing out of naptime, but still needs "rest time" (this is something we think is important for her)...lots of falling asleep in the car going on for her since she isn't getting as much sleep...

We have had lots of fun too though! (My camera is still french fried! Gotta get that fixed soon! Taking lots of cell phone shots...) Visits from friends (Yay Beth!) and the cousins came over for another "Camp In"...it has been super hot and lots of days 100+!

On Fridays in July we have either been having "Fun Family Day" or 2 days I sat for kids and we got to experience swim practice and then swam in their pool afterwards...Here M plays with a friend on the playground as swim team practice is going on...

Carter watching Fantasia before Swim Team with the girl we sat for...
Mike and I have both enjoyed teaching summer school this July...and the kids have had a blast with MiMi...she brought them in to meet my students last week...it was fun to have them come in for library time and see everyone...Here they are looking at the display outside of the library...

I can't believe July is almost over! And I can't believe I only have 1 disc to go in Season 7 of the Gilmore Girls!!!! How will it all end!?!?!? I found it for 50% off on a Christmas in July sale and it has been so fun to watch....I'm gonna be sad when it is over! :)

2 comments:

The Perreca Family said...

Awww- you have been SO busy- thanks for sharing!!

Ginny said...

I'm awaiting your call once Season 7 is done....I'm starting a support group, so remember you are not alone. Stars Hallow will always live on in our hearts...=)

So glad the blog is back! My days have felt very empty lately....=)