Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Aquarium!


We took our kids to the aquarium at the beach (check it out)...it was awesome and they had added on a lot since we were little...we were very impressed with it!

Turtle rides!

Lots to climb on and fun photo ops!

My favorite were the sea otters....so cute!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike and the kids outside of the otters tank...all the habitats were so nice! I felt happy for the animals!

See the little alligator?

This is as close as I ever want "my people" to an alligator!

Mike liked the sting rays the best...Mallory enjoyed touching them with 2 fingers...Carter wasn't old enough to reach down and do this yet...next time!

Loved all the hands on things for the kids to see and touch...When looking at the fish in one of the tanks M said..."Their cheeks are broken"...it is so neat how their minds work and how they learn...their gills do look like their cheeks are broken when they breathe....it was a fun teachable moment...so cool that they could be so up close and person with the sea creatures!

Getting ready for the "shark dive"...3 divers swam with all the fish and sharks in this huge tank...the largest tank in NC...pretty amazing!

Again...as close as I ever want my boy to a shark...

How awesome!

We ended our time there with a trip down memory lane from Mike's childhood....some Orange Julius drinks...yummmmmmmmmmmm!


Here is the dive...

1 comment:

The Perreca Family said...

How awesome is that aquarium!! Looks like you all had fun! I'm with you- that is the closest to any of those sea creatures I want anyone I love to get!