Saturday, July 4, 2009

Year 26!


Mallory was so excited to go to the beach this year that she tried to put her clothes on over top of her PJs! Mike did an amazing job perfectly packing the car for our journey! Carter's high chair and Mallory's bed (aka Carter's crib mattress) were some of the last items to be crammed :) in the van...When it was time to go I said, "I need to go grab my purse and then we can go..." and M replied..."and your phone and your camera!!!" Funny and a little sad! :)

Checking out our basement "apartment" in the cottage! We were upstairs last time...

Carter enjoyed his first beach trip! He was little scared of the waves at first and spent most of the week in the pool under our tents...

And being loved by his Aunties...

And in the surf a bit too!
Mallory on the other hand couldn't get enough of jumping the waves and the first day she was overcome with happiness and said after I swung her over a wave..."Momma I love you...You're my best friend!!!" :) Thought my heart would burst!
The 3 kids had so much fun together (we missed you R, E, and C...if Rob's fam had been able to make it we would have had kids ages 3,2,1, and 10 months!) Hopefully next yr all the kids can come!! We had to use the "kiddie coral" for Carter this yr...he is the first beach baby of the group to hit the beach during "the crawling I get into tons of trouble stage"...can you see him???

It was so nice having 10 other adults to love and care for our little ones all week! Here is Aunt Susan building a sand castle...

It was an amazing week....I'm so sad that it is over...but so grateful to have been doing this tradition for so long! (Click here for year 24 and 25)

No comments: