Saturday, July 11, 2009

She's 9!


Abby has been talking about doing a real campout (usually we set the tent up in the Fam Room) this yr for her B-Day Slumber Party and last night was the night! The girls were so excited! :)

We always think of our friends who gave us our camping gear for our wedding when we use it...we love it! (We are going camping (First fam trip! Wish us luck!!!) with friends at the end of Aug!...should be quite the adventure!)

We lucked out with unseasonably cool weather and decided not to put the rain cover over it so we could look up at the sky... :)
Here is a look at our "campsite" before we headed to Chickfila...(we missed out on Cow Day! We could've eaten for way cheaper if we dressed as cows....sadness! I can't believe we forgot...we will def have to hit up 7 eleven today for our free 7/11 slurpee! :)
We put Carter to bed when we got home and let M stay up...she was beyond hyper and was jumping all over the tent! "This is FUN!!! This is FUN!!!!" (Mike put mattresses into the tent to ease Abby into camping since she had never roughed it before...)

Mike FireMan Morin... :)

Waiting on Smores with Betty Lou...After smores Abby said, "I'll admit it...I'm tired" so we headed into the tent to go to sleep...Mal tried to settle into her spot 2 times and then said, "I want to go inside..." so inside we went and then I think she regretted her decision and started crying...but I knew it was a little much for her so I put her to bed in her room and she was fine...After I put her down I went back outside and peeked in on Abby and she was already asleep so I got to hang out with Mike at the fire...he played his guitar and we got to chat! Then I crawled in with Abs for the night and Mike went in with the chi-rens...When Abby woke up she said, "It's so great to be outside so early in the morning"...I love waking up outside too! Then we came in for breakfast and cartoons...and Mal just woke up at 9 and the first thing she said was, "I want to go in the tent..." so we are headed back out there in a few! :)

1 comment:

Carol said...

What fun! That's great that Mallory loved the tent so much! We're planning our first family camping trip at the end of August too! We packed so much stuff for just the 2 of us I don't know how we'll fit Amina and all her extra stuff for the weekend ;) It will be fun to see how the kids do - hopefully they'll all love it! Mallory won't be able to go inside to sleep then though! ;) Glad you're having lots of fun!