Friday, June 10, 2011

Relay 4 LIFE!


Relay for Life was on Sat...
Mike and the kids and MiMi went to M's last soccer game (she got another medal (?) Go Mal!)...I was sad to miss her last game, but honored to drive survivors in our van to their luncheon after the opening ceremonies and first lap to start Relay...So HARD to see so many who have suffered with this horrible disease...but so comforting to see so many out to work to find a cure. See if there is a Relay event in your area! Click here! Or ask me how you can get involved! :)

The event goes all day and all night...tents all around the track with different teams and their fundraisers, a live band playing all day, all kinds of activities, and people walking laps the whole time to symbolize that "cancer doesn't sleep, so neither will we"....Relay 4 Life "celebrates, remembers, and fights back"...to "make a world with more birthdays"....So grateful to have a friend who introduced me to Relay! :)
I had a great time, but sadly I didn't drink enough H2O and felt VERY SICK around 4pm...Had to go cool off in the ac in our van for 30 before our fam got there for dinner, crafts, and the children's walk!

The kids had fun eating and crafting...

The tent I was in almost the whole day...Good times!

My heart is so HEAVY for so many affected by cancer...it is nice to have an event to go to like Relay...

Listening to Captain Relay (Carter loved seeing a superhero!) before the kid's walk...

Sno cones after the walk!

And of course we had to do the bounce house!!

Mike stayed and walked more laps while I took the kids home and put them to bed...I was so sad to miss the night activities, but I needed to get home and feel better...I def learned my lesson about drinking enough water when you are outside all day! But other than overheating it was a GREAT day!!! YAY RELAY 2011!!!

No comments: