Friday, November 12, 2010

Thankful...


We have been hanging around the house the last 2 weeks for the most part...resting and working on things...parenting is tedious...some days more than others... :)

Mallory took these 2 pics of me and my boy.... :)

We are enjoying Kingston in the evenings...he comes in more now that it is colder...he really is our "garden cat" and stays in the front flower boarder near our stairs...but with the colder nights he comes inside which is nice...also might be that the noise level goes down in the evenings too...

Lots and lots of playing and dressing up...

We enjoyed having Mike home in the morning on Conference Day! He got to go in late and come home late...loved having him here around the house and our kids and the B&As did too... :)

Forts are still all the rage and there is often one built by 745 am in our house on school mornings...the B&As usually take them down before school, but I sometimes let them leave them up for our kids to enjoy during the day...it was one of those days here...

Daddy found some dino hats at the dollar store...good times!

The devo was on obedience yesterday...check it out...

Why does God want moment-by-moment,

day-by-day obedience?
Because He wants us to trust Him

I need help with this as I try to teach obedience to my children...I'm so grateful God is patient with me in my obedience as I try to teach my kids to obey...we are all works in progress! :) We are trying (key word....trying! :)) to teach them this little motto that one of our friends learned from a book she read (not sure which book):

"ALL the way
RIGHT away

And with a HAPPY heart..."


2 comments:

The Perreca Family said...

Looks like you are actually having tons of fun and making lots of happy memories!! Whenever we are stuck inside, I find my parenting skills are put to the test, too...

lala said...

Thank you for updating! I was having major Blog withdrawal! :)