Sunday, November 11, 2007

Hope vs. Fear

Can you believe Christmas is around the corner!?!?! We are so HYPER! I mean we are the people who decorate the house the day after Thanksgiving (even with a 5 day old baby) and our daughter's middle name is Noelle for goodness sake...we loooooooove this season!!!!

Well I was listening to Oh Little Town of Bethlehem the other day (never too early for carols!!) and got emotional at the part:

"The HOPES and FEARS of all the years are met in THEE tonight."

So I am realizing more and more that I am an EXTREMELY hopeful person and an EXTREMELY fearful person...I'm so thankful that God meets me where I am!

On two different occasions I have heard this quoted in the past few weeks, so I just had to share:

‘A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them, “In every life there is a terrible fight–a fight between two wolves. One is evil; he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility, confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion.” A child asked, “Grandfather, which wolf will win?” The elder looked him in the eye. “The one you feed.”‘(Cherokee Proverb)

No comments: